Friday, May 28, 2010

The No Poo Hair Saga Continues

Day 12
Can you believe I've made it 12 days? Wow. It's Sunday and I'm holed up in the house working, so I've got a headband to keep it outta my face not even thinking about it today. Yesterday I did go to the spa for a massage without shampooing. The massage therapist always does this awesome scalp massage with oil, I wonder if the scented oil in my hair is going to be a problem...
Day 13
Today was an amazing hair day. Zero frizz. I washed with the new baking soda water formula and rinsed thoroughly and then applied a rinse of  1 tbs or apple cider vinegar mixed with 2 cups water. gently towel dried and applied no product. I wonder if there is some unknown variable that contributed... I intend to go without a wash tomorrow, so we will see how it works out.
Day 14
For whatever reason today was not a good hair day. I think I'm going to need to explore a dry application (corn starch maybe) for days I don't wash with baking soda. But it was such a bizarre day I don't know if i trust my own judgement.
Day 15
Did the standard baking soda method, with the cider vinegar rinse. I brushed after the shower, but I know that my wavy hair doesn't like that. Never the less there was a good outcome.
Day 16
No shower today and I think I smell. Ok maybe only the same amount that I normally would after a hectic day.
Day 17
Today, for the first time I felt like a no poo'er. I didn't gaze lovingly at the shampoo sitting in the shower. I didn't wonder if I was doing something crazy. When I got home I decided to photograph my no poo hair. Once photographed,  I decide that I need to think about using a little product as well :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment