Thursday, May 20, 2010

Caffeine Madness



I'm an addict. Well, that is probably an over statement. I do love some coffee in the morning.

I developed a ridiculous Starbucks habit several years ago. It happened when I discovered the iced latte. Cold espresso mixed with non fat milk is a miracle. I used to love the whole process of at my local Starbucks, but it's freakin' expensive and the service had gotten more and more ridiculous as time has passed.

I have had a couple of espresso machines, but it is such a pain to run four shots in the morning. Especially since I like it on ice and we NEVER have ice in the house nor enough space in the freezer to keep it.  I was lamenting at work the day my coffee drink exceeded $5, so a No Cal co-worker (ex-barista) suggested that I buy a french press. Since I like my coffee cold it looses a lot of the subtlety of the espresso anyway, meaning I can make a strong ass coffee in the french press at night, store it in the fridge overnight and mix it will cold milk in the morning for a spectacular imitation of my SB drink.

Of course this does require the fore thought to brew the coffee the night before, so sometimes the evil SB still gets my money. Like today, on my way there now.

No comments:

Post a Comment